Pipe, pipe fittings & valve data
Pipemill: for the design, analysis and layout of piping components
Several databases of pipe and piping date are coded into Pipemill:
- Commercially available pipe sizes to ANSI B36.10, B36.19 and API 5L dimensions
- Flange dimensions to ANSI B16.5, ANSI B17.47A & B and API 6A
- Valve dimensions to ASME B36.10
- Material data curves for external pressure design
- Expansion characteristics of various materials to ASME B31.3
- Gasket data for EN1591 / EN13445 flange application
The databases, above, are accessed by the various programs. Some can also be accessed from the main Pipemill menu, bottom right panel (middle image, right), and are covered in more detail on this page.
Pipemill's pipe data (weight, section modulus…)
This program allows the user to click on a standard size pipe, or enter user defined data. The software then calculates:
- weight, moment of inertia, section modulus, pipe wall area and internal flow area for the given size. Weights calculated include pipe, contents, insulation and cladding material.
- An equivalent density and thickness representing insulation and cladding is provided for input to the many piping stress programs that allow only one value for ‘insulation’.
- Stress intensification factors (SIF's) for standard fittings may be calculated.
Dimensions for standard pipe flanges, fittings, and other components
In this program, clicking onto an equal size fitting alone will provide:
- individual and compound dimensions for that pipe size to ASME B16.
- Flange overall dimensions from ASME B16.5, B16.47A and B and API may also be viewed.
If the user clicks on the same pipe size and flange size, fit-up dimensions will be provided for:
- flanges and fittings
- reducing fittings.
Valve dimensions to ASME B16.10
A complete data base of all ASME B16.10 valve dimensions is included, such as:
- gate valves, plug, ball, and butterfly valves
- swing check valves, wafer check, angle check, lift check, and Y-type check valves
- angle globe, standard globe, & Y-type globe valves.
The user needs only to click on a pipe size and valve type, to obtain in-line dimensional data for raised face (RF) and ring type joint (RTJ) constructions.
If a particular type or size is not available this will be flagged.
Further pipe data sources
The data in Pipemill is intended to cover the great majority of needs. However, if more comprehensive piping information is required, try Zeataline PipeData-PRO.