Pipe / elbow wall thickness calculator (to ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4 and B31.8)
Pipemill: for the design, analysis and layout of piping components
Pipemill can calculate, in accordance with ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4 and B31.8 codes:
- minimum wall thicknesses for:
- single element pipes
- curved elbows.
- a range of pipe sizes, in one run for B31.1 and B31.3, so allowing the rapid preparation of a piping specification document.
The nearest commercially available pipe sizes are output, using an integral database.
Calculations to ASME B31.3 include Chapter IX, high pressure design andfatigue analysis.
- pressure, temperature, allowable stress, corrosion allowance, mill tolerances, weld joint factors, etc.
- optionally, a range of pipe sizes from 0.5 in. nb (nominal bore) up to 80 in. diameter for evaluation in accordance with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 in English or Metric units
- curved elbow details, as an alternative to straight pipe.
Calculated pipe sizes
- minimum required wall thickness, or the minimum corroded wall thickness
- when applicable, a range of suitable pipe sizes (diameter and wall thickness per size), which can be printed as a single printout.
- Example analyses
- Integral database of commonly available pipe sizes, with automatic input of selected pipe data
- Explanatory notes on ASME B31.1, B31.3, , B31.4, and, B31.8
- Scientific calculator.