Pipe tee design: ring reinforced and stub-in types (ASME B31.3…)
Pipemill: for the design, analysis and layout of piping components
Pipemill enables the design of reinforced and stub-in tees manufactured from plate or straight pipe. Code compliance is with ASME B31.3 Section 304.3 (2004), or BS EN 13480.
Input variables of note
- Lateral branch connections are allowed to an angle from the perpendicular of 45 degrees.
- Ring or saddle reinforced tee may be specified
- Standard pipe sizes from integrated database
- Results are presented in full and summary form
- Iterative optimisation is facilitated by a results summary overlaid on the input screen
- Stress intensification factors are calculated for all connections.
Errors and warnings
Pipemill will flag if the tee needs ring reinforcement.
- Example analyses
- Integral database of commonly available pipe sizes, with automatic input of selected pipe data
- Explanatory notes
- Scientific calculator