Pipe support stress analysis
Pipemill: for the design, analysis and layout of piping components
Trunnion type pipe supports and vertical riser (stack) type supports may be analysed using Pipemill.
Both calculation routines include the effects of external loads and internal pressure.
- Trunnions may be with, or without, a stiffener ring and attached to straight pipe, or attached to an elbow (duck foot type). (Example output, top right)
- The method used is based on Kellogg ‘Design of Piping Systems’, with both local and global stresses reported.
- Riser supports may include or exclude horizontal stiffener rings. (Example output, bottom right)
- Analysis is based on Blodgett's ‘Design of Welded Structures’.
- Example analyses
- Integral database of commonly available pipe sizes, with automatic input of selected pipe data
- Scientific calculator