Expansion Loop Design and Analysis
Pipemill: for the design, analysis and layout of piping components
- Four typical expansion loop types are available.
- Data bases for standard pipe size and wall thickness and expansion characteristics may be accessed, or user data entered.
- Displacements, stresses and end loads are calculated.
- Allowable stress is calculated in accordance with ASME B31.3 and any over-stress will be clearly flagged. The calculation is based on a stiffness matrix and results compare well with commercial stress analysis packages.
- Iterative runs may be performed to optimise loop size.
- Example analyses
- Explanatory notes and comments on each set of calculations